Get GPRS using Osmocom and UmTRX

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 16:02:05 UTC 2016

Rodion,

Great that you've got GPRS, calls and SMS working!

There is no single recommended configuration, it all depends on your
requirements. Master version of OpenBSC support dynamic switching
between TCH and PDCH, but I personally have not tested this yet. Just
be aware that TCH/F is currently not working in dynamic configurations
- only TCH/H does. I suggest you write to OpenBSC mailing list, as
it's a better place for this type of a question.

PS Please don't remove mailing list from CC.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Родион Гадыршин <unigames2013 at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hello, Alexander.
>
> I've configured GPRS component. So, GPRS work fine:) I also tried egprs
> mode, works fine.
> Could you please recomend me the best timeslot configuration? I what SMS,
> calls and GPRS/EGPRS work. My current timeslot configuration is:
>
> timeslot 0
>      phys_chan_config CCCH+SDCCH4
>      hopping enabled 0
>     timeslot 1
>      phys_chan_config SDCCH8
>     timeslot 2
>      phys_chan_config PDCH
>      hopping enabled 0
>     timeslot 3
>      phys_chan_config PDCH
>      hopping enabled 0
>     timeslot 4
>      phys_chan_config PDCH
>      hopping enabled 0
>     timeslot 5
>      phys_chan_config PDCH
>      hopping enabled 0
>     timeslot 6
>      phys_chan_config TCH/F
>      hopping enabled 0
>     timeslot 7
>      phys_chan_config TCH/F
>      hopping enabled 0
>
> Is there a better way to configure timeslots in my situation?

CEO, Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co