Regulator Synchronization

Andrey Sviyazov andreysviyaz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:33:26 UTC 2015

Hi Sylvain.

Sorry for so delayed reply, I've found that I've lost subscription for this
mailing list.

Well, actually DC/DC were synchronized (between each other) even in the
very first UmTRX version.
On the first versions I saw spurs from DC/DC ~500 kHz at the TxPLL noise
plot (few in case of non-sync) and some other surprises.
You can see issue #42 here:
https://code.google.com/p/umtrx/issues/detail?id=42&can=1&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary%20Modified

Nowadays, we use DC/DC chip TPS54560, synchronized to 541 kHz signal
(26/48) from FPGA.
No surprises noticed anymore, but actually, we chose TPS54560 because of
better efficiency and higher input voltage.

Best regards,

Andrey Sviyazov