Query - Running two ARFCN on UmTRX using OsmoBTS

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sat May 2 03:37:25 UTC 2015

Amber & Sarosh,

We recommend using the following branches:
osmo_trx: fairwaves/master
libosmocore: master
libosmo-abis: fairwaves/master
libsmpp34: master
osmo_bts: fairwaves/debian
openbsc: fairwaves/master

Let us know if you have any issues using them.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 1:24 AM, Amber and Sarosh <amber_sarosh at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Thankyou for your response.
> For installation of osmo-bts we are following the instructions at
> http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/network_from_scratch . Kindly inform
> which branch should we use?
>
> Regards,
> Amber & Sarosh
>

> > From: alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
> > Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:25:08 -0400
> > Subject: Re: Query - Running two ARFCN on UmTRX using OsmoBTS
> > To: amber_sarosh at hotmail.com
> > CC: umtrx at lists.osmocom.org; andy.avtushenko at gmail.com
>

> > Amber & Sarosh,
> >
> > It looks like you're using a wrong version of osmo-bts. Whuch branch
> > and commit are you using?
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 5:39 AM, Amber and Sarosh
> > <amber_sarosh at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > Thanks for your reply. We have tested the configurations that you
> mailed but
> > > our setup still produces the following error message when osmobts is
> run;
> > >
> > > <0006> scheduler.c:212 Init scheduler for trx=0
> > > <000a> trx_if.c:485 Open transceiver for trx=0
> > > <000a> trx_if.c:496 Waiting for transceiver send clock
> > > There is no such command.
> > > Error occurred during reading below line:
> > > rxgain 12
> > >
> > > Unknown TRX 1. Aavialable TRX are: 0..0
> > > Failed to parse the config file: '/root/.osmocom/osmo-bts.cfg'
> > >
> > > Any help in this regard is much appreciated. Thanks.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Amber & Sarosh
> > >

> > > ________________________________
> > > Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:54:35 -0800
> > > Subject: Query - Running two ARFCN on UmTRX using OsmoBTS
> > > From: andy.avtushenko at gmail.com
> > > To: amber_sarosh at hotmail.com
> > > CC: fairsupport at fairwaves.co
> > >

> > > Hello Amber & Sarosh
> > > You have to add these lines below into /etc/osmocom/openbsc.cfg right
> after
> > > trx0 configuration
> > > trx 1
> > > rf_locked 0
> > > arfcn 184 (set the right ARFCN for you here )
> > > nominal power 23
> > > max_power_red 0
> > > rsl e1 tei 0
> > > timeslot 0

> [...]