umtrx fpga internal clocking

sergey kostanbaev sergey.kostanbaev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:59:09 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

We cannot compare equally B2x0 and UmTRX, since
- B2x0 has CX3 USB3 interface which has ARM core inside and thus it doesn't
need a CPU inside FPGA
- Ethernet handling and USB is quite different, it's hard to have much code
in common. And SRAM is needed only for Ethernet handling.
- Also we're taking in mind to support PCIe at some time and PCIe needs
another handling interface.
So I don't think we need to move to B2x0 architecture completely.

Probably we can grab some good ideas from B2x0, something like this (but
I'm not sure that are really good)

   - Each DSP module has own reconfigurable vita timer. That's plus.
   - RX/TX control and  RX/TX framer are new, DSP(DUC, DDC and so on) the
   same.

What do you think about
Instead of Wishbone bus there used AXI bus.