how can i scan the frequencies in an area with GNU radio and Umtrx

jiangwy wyjiang at ljshuoda.com
Thu Sep 12 07:58:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

For question 1:
Please following the links http://wush.net/trac/rangepublic/wiki/BuildInstallRun. I do with it step by step, it's OK.

For question 2:
UmTRX has two channels, so the PCB has TX1 RX1 TX2 RX2 interface. TX1/RX1 for channel1. TX2/RX2 for channel2. So there are 4 cables.
GPS antenna is for clock calibrating.

Calibrate with GPS:
 1. Take your UmTRX outside to get GPS lock.
 2. When GPS acquires a lock, use 'umtrx_vcxo.py' utility without
parameters to read current VCTCXO DAC value in a loop.
 3. When the value stabilise (couple minutes after GPS acquires the
lock), write this value to EEPROM:
      ./usrp_burn_mb_eeprom --key tcxo-dac --val <YOUR_VAL>
 4. Now i should pickup the value from EEPROM on boot, so GPS is no
required unless you change ambient temperature considerably.

Note, that you should warm up your UmTRX for a while before
calibration, because it depends on the TCXO temperature.

jiangwy