UmTRX

Albert-Miquel Sánchez albertm at salleurl.edu
Mon Jun 17 09:23:17 UTC 2013

Hello,

I’m an engineer from Spain and I’m interested in a GSM receiver because I
would like to study the internal signals for a research project. In
particular, I’m interested in the analysis of the IF signal, but, as
Alexander told me, the LMS6002D uses zero-IF architecture, so there is no
real "IF" signal, there is only baseband signal. I guess I could also use
this signal for my purposes, but only if all 124 GSM channels can be found
at that point. I’m not sure if this is possible, since there is a low-pass
filter before. Does anybody know if I can extract that information, that is,
the analogic 124 channels after the RF mixer? If it is not possible with
this board, does anybody know if I can do it with another GSM transceiver
board?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Albert