Crash of UmTRX transceiver with dual TRX

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Mon Jul 8 13:27:28 UTC 2013

Thomas Tsou wrote:
> The transceiver control portion is setup for OpenBTS, which expects
> that the TSC value is set statically for all TRX's. It's rejecting
> because the TSC value is being set twice; more specifically, the
> OpenBTS assumption is that these are set once before power on. This
> needs to be changed.
>
> Should we now assume that each TRX is setup an independent manner?

i see no problem with that reject. i think it makes sense to reject TSC,
if it does not match the TSC of first TRX. since trx manager interface
seems to be designed to handle each TRX individually (even might be
possible to run on different transceivers for one BTS), i would think it
is a good idea to set TSC for every TRX.