Dual-channel support on UmTRX

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 21:07:15 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Just to let everyone know - in addition to working on manufacturing
issues we're improving our UmTRX firmware and software support right
now. And today we've got dual-channel finally working. Thanks to
Andrew Karpenkov for his awesome work on implementing the second
channel support in FPGA!

I plan to push the pre-built FPGA image to the download area in the
during the weekend and Andrew will publish the FPGA code changes soon
too.

What's ahead of us is to teach OpenBTS to use the second channel of
UmTRX. This includes support of two independent channels and then
implementation of switched diversity receive.

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио