Building firmware

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 07:21:33 UTC 2013

On Jan 22, 2013 4:35 AM, <stephane at shimaore.net> wrote:

> > > For this purposes we use Xilinx Platform Cable USB and  Digilent HS-1.
> > Given the price difference I'll go with the Digilent cable.
>
> Actually Farnell UK offers the HS-2 cable for 5€ less than the HS-1.
> From the specs they look similar (2012 vs 2011 version, some IEEE
> protocol added in HS-2), so I'll be getting the HS-2.

Ah, good to know, thanks. When I bought my cable, HS-2 cable did not exist
yet.

> Any news on when delivery will start for umtrx v2?

Yes, I apologize I haven't conveyed news earlier.

Bad news is that shipping of beta samples had been delayed. During detailed
testing we found that many samples had manufacturing issues, so we sent
them back to the fab.

Good need is that to this moment fab has found the problem (it was due to
oxidation of some parts we bought earlier) and is working to fix it now. We
expect to ship them very soon (end of the month or beginning of the next
month) We're also making sure that next batch won't have these issues and
will be shipped in time.

Thank you for bringing this up!

Please excuse typos. Written with a touchscreen keyboard.

Alexander Chemeris
CEO/Founder Fairwaves LLC