OpenSIPS Was: transceiver won't start; fpga build error

stephane at shimaore.net stephane at shimaore.net
Sat Apr 13 14:55:48 UTC 2013

Alexander,

> Btw, did you look at Kamailio which merged OpenIMS developments some time ago?

No I hadn't. Now that I have, I wished I didn't. IMS sure looks like a
good barrier to entry. There's more to it than the proxy though (call
continuity / handover requires B2BUA from what I just read, which makes
sense).

[SMS]
> An issue with e-mail, as I see it, is that it relies on "polling"
> model, while SMS is "push" model in its heart.

Good point; again, my limited knowledge of GSM tech in play.

> Jabber is an interesting idea! The only issue I see is that it
> requires a TCP connection for every mobile connected to a BTS [...]

Not if you use a Jabber chatroom, but in that case you're better off using
AMQP anyhow since it really is a machine-to-machine alternative.

My understanding of AMQP is that you can subscribe to multiple queues
over a single connection so that should scale OK. (Based on my limited
experience with node-amqp.)
S.