Fwd: Network From Scratch documentation

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 13:01:39 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Thanks to Andreas everyone now could run an OsmoBTS/OpenBSC using an
UmTRX to get a real BTS. You could also use LCR to connect calls using
your preferred SIP softswitch.

This is a great achievement, as OsmoBTS seem to have a better and more
stable GSM implementation than OpenBTS. So we even think about
replacing GSM part of OpenBTS with Osmocom parts. And, well, OpenBTS
SIP part with a high-level SIP library like reSIProcate/DUM. Though it
will be OpenBTS only by architecture then. :)

Anyway, I invite everyone to experiment with UmTRX+OsmoBTS and report
your experience here.