DC Offset vs temperature

Srdjan Milenkovic s.milenkovic at limemicro.com
Fri Jul 27 14:28:08 UTC 2012

Hi Alexander,

As I mentioned before, IQ phase error is quite stable over temperature
in 900/1800MHz region so let us put it aside. This can be tuned and
fixed in production.

On the other hand, DC offset and LO leakage are temperature dependent as
one would expect. However, they can be calibrated in the product as well
not just in the lab. You need just to trigger built in DC cal blocks and
optionally use RF loop back to further improve LO leakage. If you want
to avoid temperature sensor you have an option to do these calibrations
regularly, every 30min-1h for example. This should track the temperature
change without having the sensor on board.

Our other customers are using both approaches, with and without
temperature sensor, depending on application and spec. If they have on
board temperature sensor they are using it for multiple purpose such as
monitoring BB, PA, etc.

Best regards, Srdjan

Dr Srdjan Milenkovic