Plan for 10/100 Ethernet support for umTRX

Robin Coxe coxe at close-haul.com
Fri Jul 27 12:36:35 UTC 2012

The Ettus UHD framework adopted for the umTRX only supports GigE
(simple_gemac).   A reworked, Wishbone-compliant 10/100 Ethernet MAC
is included in the OpenRISC SoC project on Opencores.  It has been
ported to the Digilent Atlys board, which has a Spartan-6 FPGA.

http://www.chokladfabriken.org/projects/orpsoc-atlys

I'll begin the port of this Ethernet MAC (a cleaned-up version of the
10/100 core on OpenCores) to the UmTRX and test it on Close-Haul's
SP-605 Spartan-6 eval. board.   I'm not quite sure how long this task
will take, but this feature falls into the
"nice-to-have-but-not-urgent" category.

-Robin

--
Robin Coxe  |  Close-Haul Communications, Inc.  |  Boston, MA
+1-617-470-8825