UmTRX aka OpenBTS HW update

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 21:45:29 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Attached is a new version of our schematics and PCB layout (note, they
may differ a bit with schematics being more recent).

Btw, I found diffpdf tool very useful for schematics comparison:
http://www.qtrac.eu/diffpdf.html
It nicely highlights changes, so you don't miss something.

Our current plan for hardware prototyping is like this:

1. Most important parts of PCB layout should be done by the end of this week
2. Then we have 1 week (maximum!) to do any small changes to layout we
may want and fix bugs we (hopefully) find.
3. Then 1 week for the final layout polishing, adding labels, etc.
4. Final ACK for the layout and we push it to the fab for printing.
Manufacturing and delivery to Moscow will take 2-3 weeks.
5. 1 week for assembly

This is about 5-7 weeks and then we will have a lot of fun with
hardware and software debug.

Robin, do you want to get an assembled board to participate in the
hardware debug session? :)
Btw, could you get a quote for the FPGA from Xilinx for 100pcs?