SNR for satellite signals

Peach Y cindy.zhang2020360 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:25:02 UTC 2020

I have worked on several satellite projects, such as SATCOM. Based on my
past experience, satellite signals usually have high SNRs (or LOS signals)
compared to cellular signals in the city environment, The received
satellite signal's SNR would be approximately 10dB ~ 20dB, or even higher.

I am currently working on a TETRA project, which would be some low earth
orbit signals (terrestrial signals). What could be the range of TETRA
signal SNRs? The received signal's SNR plays a very important role on the
receiver structure design.