Decoding multiple carriers

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Nov 18 11:15:01 UTC 2012

Hi Frank,

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 09:39:28PM +0100, Frank A. Stevenson wrote:

> So I can easily add more carriers to tetra-rx (I have 2 such GPUs),
> but tetra-rx doesn't seem well prepared for handling such situations,
> for instance the GSMTAP packets are not tagged by ARFCN -

Feel free to extend it in a way that keeps existing functionality but
adds those bits as required.   A lot of the state (like tetra_mac_state)
is already not in global variables, so it should not be too hard.

In terms of the ARFCN: I'd suggest just add the current arfcn to the PHY
state and pass it up from there.

> besides I don't have a good understanding of what others would want to
> do when demodulating multiple carriers. Personally I have to limit
> myself to traffic analysis on a fully encrypted network.

I don't think anyone has any big plans for osmo-tetra at this point.  It
mostly works for what we originally wrote it.  Feel free to post any
patches here for review / merge.