identifying tetra

Sim IJskes sim at ijskes.org
Tue Mar 1 09:44:09 UTC 2011

On 01-03-11 10:20, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On 03/01/2011 10:12 AM, Sim IJskes wrote:
>

>> Thanks. I'm struggling a bit how to get a GSMTAP dissector in wireshark. I
>> need to recompile wireshark in order to get there, do i?
>
> Yes, you will need to compile one of the 1.5 development versions of
> wireshark. If you are using Ubuntu there are some PPAs with wireshark 1.5.1.

Thanks. I've found a PPA @ <https://launchpad.net/~dreibh/+archive/ppa>
it has GSMTAP as a protocol.

I still don't have the right architectual image of GSMTAP i think. Do i
need to direct wireshark to sniff on the same interface that tetra-rx
opens its udp socket on, with a port filter, or is there a pseudo
interface that listens for raw packets on the same UDP port?

Gr. Sim