PATCH: bitwise msb-first table-based 16bit CRC calculation

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Jan 23 21:36:39 UTC 2011

On 01/23/2011 09:03 PM, Christian Vogel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after a remark by Harald about bitwise CRC calculation and seeing the
> crc_simple code in lower_mac, I've thought about how to implement "optimized"
> routines using a table-based approach operating on our pbit_t/ubit_t
> arrays in libosmocore/master.
>
> People on IRC consider it more tetra-specific though, so I'm posting
> this here for advice on where to put it.

Hi Christian,

I would have no problem to put it into libosmocore, just make sure it has a
compile option to be compiled out (in case we need that for osmocomBB).

I have two nitpicks/questions though:
	- Why not keep the generated tables around in the code? This avoids
	  the runtime init, if multiple processes use this table it will also
	  be shared between these, if it is not used at all it will not be
	  mapped.

	- The coding style would also need update.

regards
	holger