SIMTrace

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Jan 31 23:44:43 UTC 2017

Dear Mohammed,

Osmocom SIMtrace is a community-based open source project.  This mailing
list is for development and user related discussion, and not related to
sales.

We try to keep a strict separation between the open source / open
hardware project and the commercial entities supplying products and
services around Osmocom.

The hardware design files and the firmware + host software source code
are all publicly released. Anyone can use those designs / source code and
build, modify and extend it.

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 01:57:43PM +0300, Mohammed Bashir wrote:
> 1-     What is the package contents?

Osmocom is not providing any "package".  sysmocom is the only company
known to sell the SIMtrace circuit board (publicly, at least).  The contents is the SIMtrace
circuit board (PCBA) with four SIM adapter cables, one for each of the
four possible directions of a 2FF SIM.

> 2-     The software included this package ?

No software is included.  The Software is available in source code form
from the Osmocom SIMtrace project.

> 3-     Does the Software operates in windows environment?

There is no official support for Windows.  If you are a software
developer familiar with building open source software on Windows, You
may try to compile the source code using cygwin or other "unix like"
environments on Windows, but as indicated this is not officially
supported.

> 4-     I order from Saudi Arabia is this product available in this
> region or in any region in middle east ?

The Osmocom project provides hardware design and source code.  You can
manufacture the SIMtrace hardware based on this design anywhere.

sysmocom ships the hardware world-wide, as far as no EU or German export
regulations prevent it.  I'm not aware of any such restrictions for
Saudi arabia.

> 5-     How many day to deliver this product to my side?

This is the mailing list to discuss questions regarding the SIMtrace
design, firmware and/or host software.

In terms of shipping from sysmocom, please see
http://shop.sysmocom.de/faqs .  The web-shop orders are processed once
per week, and shipping is only possible using regular "registered" mail,
not any express service.