SIM Trace Appears to Stop Processing APDUs

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Mar 18 11:30:33 UTC 2012

Hi Jonathan,

sorry to hear you are having trouble.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 05:10:35PM -0500, Jonathan Thomas wrote:

> With testing against all three of the SIMTrace modules we purchased we
> have found the trace appears to lock-up or freeze randomly through
> processing of the APDUs.

Can you please indicate what exactly seems to trigger those freezes?
Is there any particular phone model or sim card (or combination
thereof)?

What can you see on the simtrace UART at the time of the freeze?

Does the USB device re-enumerate (USB reset) when you observe the freeze?

Does the simtrace program keep running or does it stop?