1.1p board not recognized

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Feb 15 23:32:15 UTC 2012

Martin Kaiser wrote:
> On one box (debian lenny), the board is never recognized by lsusb
> or kernel messages.

If the kernel doesn't recognize the device and does not even output a
message similar to:

usb 5-2: new full speed USB device number 2 using uhci_hcd

Then there is something fairly low level wrong with either device,
cable, or host.

> Do I need anything special (other than basic usb support) compiled
> into the kernel for libusb to do its work in user space?

CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT=y

Those along with a modern udev is enough. If lsusb outputs anything
at all when you run it (also without simtrace connected) you are
good.

//Peter