simtrace on Mac OSX

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Tue Oct 4 15:26:44 UTC 2011

Hello Holger,

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 14:58:49 +0200, "Holger Hans Peter Freyther" <holger at freyther.de> wrote:

> I am not using JTAG to debug so my view i have might be limited. I have put
> DEBUG_UNBUFFERD in the codepath. So from the messages I print to the serial.

I don't recommend debugging USB issues with JTAG anyway because it might
chance the behaviour of the device.

> With my current information I would claim the firmware does not see the SET
> ADDRESS (i assume the zpl method needs to check the ISR of the UDP)
>
> frame 0> udp_ep0_send_zlp
> frame 1> udp_ep0_send_data
> frame 2> udp_ep0_handler
> frame 3> udp_irq

I can only judge from the trace and using the prebuilt firmware v0.2.2,
in this case the GET DESCRIPTOR request is completed, the SET ADDRESS
request comes in, is ACKed and no response from the device is sent back
when the IN packet from the host arrives.

Have you tried to modify the SET ADDRESS handling already ?

> Please don't feel urged to look into it, I quite enjoy learning about USB this
> way. :)

I don't have a working setup here for building the simtrace firmware, so far
I only used prebuilt version. So I can't do much and I currently don't
have the time to go through the process of creating the build-environment.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de