SIMtrace v0.6 schema

Philipp Fabian Benedikt Maier philipp.maier at runningserver.com
Sat May 7 21:34:49 UTC 2011

Hi Kevin.

> here the schema.
> all the components are on it, but I don't know if the electrical part is
> right.
> Any comments/advices are welcome.
>
> schema :
> https://gsm.tsaitgaist.info/SIMtrace/v0.6/SIMtrace.ps
> source (KiCAD) :
> https://gsm.tsaitgaist.info/SIMtrace/v0.6/

I took a look at your shema, here are my thoughts:

The SC_SW line controls all analog switch pins. I think you should be a
bit more selective here. To create a situation like this for example:

VCC, RST, CLK are connected through and I/O is connected to the man in
the middle who can manipulate the traffic in realtime.

I have looked at the QS3245 datasheet. It has only one OE input pin ;-/

With your current design you will have do generate the smartcard clock
yourself, you could use the clock from the target (with care!) when you
can switch at least I/O seperatly.

You can leave the VPP away, it is deprecated. (save PCB-Space ;-)

Maybe you can leave Jtag away (save even more PCB-Space ;-) the AT91SAM7
series have fancy bootloaders - but maybe you will need the JTAG for
debugging so it is your decision.

You should give the BATT-PWR/USB-PWR construct a short test. Maybe it is
problematic when one power source drives into another that is switched off.

regards.
Philipp

- --
Philipp Fabian Benedikt Maier