Any progress reports / experience with SIMtrace?

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:19:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

I haven't used it much except for testing and playing a bit. Since the
fw update, no issues. I didn't have any particular application in
mind, just a handy tool to have directly in case I ever need it.

>  * firmware update

Worked fine with exactly the command you posted.

>  * simtrace host software

Since the fw update didn't have any problems with it, it sends data to
wireshark just fine. Is it supposed to do more than that ?

>  * wireshark dissector

It's a bit of a pain to apply the various patches needed for the
various osmocom stuff (bb / openbsc / simtrace), but it works fine if
you take 10-15 min to fix the conflicts / upstream changes by hand.

Cheers,

    Sylvain