availability through web shop?

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Aug 19 13:51:16 UTC 2011

On 08/19/2011 12:21 PM, Dirk Kirsten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to ask for a short heads up of the release schedule. I know you
> have been selling the boards at the CCC camp, but I haven't been there. It was
> mentioned on the list that you are planning to sell it through a web shop in
> the "2nd half of august".

Hi,

I have looked at various options. Most of the stores are either 'OpenCore',
PHP or both. Then I found spreecommerce (ruby, consulting business model) and
it looks very promising, but it is US centric in some ways. For payment we
will start with PayPal Express Checkout (allows you to use PayPal, VISA, or
local things like bank transfer..).

So the issues I have are:
	- Apply VAT even on the initial checkout phase
	- Allow to specify EUVAT id and validate it
	- Enter data (e.g. shipping costs)
	- Take merge requests from github to fix rounding errors in paypal
          extension

Alternatively:
	- I will create a stupid form and use that as shop..

regarding the timeframe, I will work on this Sunday/Monday and will hopefully
resolve most issues or go for the webform.

holger