EC25 password for the Debug uart interface

Shinjo Park pshinjo at sect.tu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 7 09:01:53 UTC 2019

2019년 2월 6일 수요일 오후 2시 36분 22초 CET에 Florian Eckert 님이 쓴 글:
> Hello Harald,
>
> >> To find the problem my next step was to connect to the EC25 debug UART
> >> on
> >> pin 11/12.
> >> But the system needs a root password!
> >> The one you have on your wiki does not work anymore [2].
> >> I think I have the same version "msm LNX.LE.5.0.1-57031-9x40
> >> mdm9607-perf
> >> /dev/ttyHSL0"
> >> Do you have another password for this interface or where did you get
> >> this
> >> information from?
> >
> > I suspect your easiest approach is to obtain the firmware update file
> > and
> > then extract the rootfs, specifically the /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow
> > file,
> > and then use a password cracker on that.
>
> Thanks for the note.
> I got the latest firmware version and extracted the passwd
>   Let's run the password cracker and see what comes out.
> I will contact you again when I have the password.
>
> Thanks
> Flo

Hello,

While I am not using the same model (EC21), but I got a root shell via adb in
this modem by using AT+QCFG command. This is the result of AT+QCFG=? on our
modem:

AT+QCFG=?
+QCFG:

AT+QCFG="usbcfg"?
+QCFG: "usbcfg",0x2C7C,0x0121,1,1,1,1,1,1,0

Unfortunately AT+QLINUXCMD is not available in this firmware revision
(EC21EFAR06A02M4G).

Although the Linux lsusb shows interface #5 with an ADB interface activated,
the latest revision of adb in Linux does not pick up the interface. I tried
putting the vendor ID in ~/.android/adb_usb.ini and checked udev permissions,
but no avail. Meanwhile I could get the ADB shell in Windows. Does someone
have any ideas why it is not working in Linux?

Shinjo

--
Shinjo Park <pshinjo at sect.tu-berlin.de>
Security in Telecommunications <sect.tu-berlin.de>