Information on getting adb on ME906v
laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jan 14 13:51:57 UTC 2017
the ME906v is a Linux-running Qualcomm based modem, which has been first
published about at DEFCON 23
It is EOL by now (Huawei probably wants to use HiSilicon these days
rather than Qualcomm) but can be found rather inexpensively from
refurbished suppliers like http://www.minipc.de/de/catalog/il/978
Unfortunately it's M.2 / NGFF and not mPCIe, so it cannot be used in
most embedded devices (PC-Engines, Soekris, ...) or the Osmocom
I have just added some information to our wiki at
* they don't really use the Linux for anything. Not even
* not many HUAWEI modifications recognizable on the Linux side
* no fancy FOTA updates or AT+QLINUXCMD equivalents
* DIAG is present by default
* ADB can be enabled, but requires serial console soldering at least
Would be nice to find a way to enable adb without having to solder.
I'm still working with Huawei to release the related complete and
corresponding source code under the GPL.
- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
"Privacy in residential applications is a desirable marketing option."
(ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)
More information about the qc-linux-modems