gr-osmosdr and libbladerf compile failures

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jan 26 18:15:33 UTC 2019

Hi Rey + Robert,

I've just also been hit by a bug that was already filed some 5 months ago
in the osmocom.org bug tracker: http://osmocom.org/issues/3512

It seems that the bladerf support to gr-osmosdr added in 2018 unconditionally
accepts any libbladerf version installed and subseequently enables the support
for it, only then to fails to compile as it actually appears to require a minimum
version of 2.0.0 for which it doesn't check during the cmake step.

I don't know much about Cmake and hence it would be great if you as the authors
of the related code could find a minute to ensure that gr-osmosdr will simply
not try to build bladerf support if the version of libbladerf is too old.

I'm aware that I can of course manually disable bladerf support, but that's
more a work-around than a proper solution, IMHO.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
	Harald