RTL_FM on the fly updates

Mark Russell markisrt4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 22:01:37 UTC 2019

Good evening -
I am trying to make modifications to rtl_fm so that I can change
frequencies, gains, modulation types, and squelch values on the fly (and
thus avoiding a restart).

Its unclear to me what functions need to be called in order to apply
changes to the sdr device so that I can do the above. The rtl_fm code isnt
documented so I dont have much to go off of...

GQRX doesnt run reliably on any RPi3's I've tried so I hoping to use a
modified rtl_fm in its place. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks :)