Request for Comment: Creating a binary format output for rtl_power

Bill Gaylord chibill110 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 17:41:22 UTC 2019

Hello,

    I am working on making a binary format for rtl_power to save space on
my server for observing the spectrum. I am wondering if anyone else would
be interested in this idea.
I am hoping keep the same format in terms of how the data is organized in
the file but instead of using text use some form of binary format. For
example for the date and time I think using a unix epoch timestamp would
work.

I am hoping to receive any comments or criticism.

Thanks, KD9KCK