Is it possible to provide a compressed file for every git tag?

Filipe Laíns osmocom at lains.me
Sat May 26 18:47:59 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am packaging some of your software for Arch Linux. For that, I need
to fetch the source tree I want to build. The problem is that there's
no need to fetch the whole git repository to build a specific tag. As a
solution, I propose that compressed files from every tag would be
available, like GitHub releases.
Please let me know if this is something you would consider doing.

Thanks,
Filipe Laíns (FFY00)
https://github.com/FFY00
3DCE 51D6 0930 EBA4 7858  BA41 46F6 33CB B0EB 4BF2

Sent via Migadu.com, world's easiest email hosting