RTL-SDR sample bit depth

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Mar 5 14:43:54 UTC 2018

Leif, thanks much for the informative replies.  Some of the pieces are
beginning to connect for me, and I'm going to go back and do some
further measurements, including with the noise head.

In the past, I'd set up a Gnu Radio flowgraph that was in effect a
channel power meter.  I will go back and use that to test the noise
floor in various bandwidths.  I'll also try using the noise head to
measure NF as you described.

Thanks!

John
----