Usability of i2c of fl2k?

Steve Markgraf steve at steve-m.de
Mon Jun 11 20:57:32 UTC 2018

Hi Torben,

On 11.06.2018 22:15, Torben Keil wrote:
> I tried to get a signal over the i2c interface but it wasn't sucsessful.
> Do you have an idea how to enable the i2c interface on the fl2k chip?

I have some code sitting here, but when I wanted to clean it up
recently, it didn't work anymore as expected. I'll need to debug it with
a logic analyzer. Note that the FL2000 can only do I2C transfers of a
fixed length of 4 bytes, it was probably really only meant to read EDID
EEPROMs.
In the original driver, single register writes to the ITE HDMI interface
chip that some devices have are first reading 4 registers, then
modifying the desired byte, and then writing them back.

Regards,
Steve