fl2k: Versioning?

Steve Markgraf steve at steve-m.de
Sat Apr 28 20:29:17 UTC 2018

Hi Marcus,

On 27.04.2018 13:34, Müller, Marcus (CEL) wrote:
> Now, I'm not the author, and I'd hate to be the one to define today's
> git head as version 1, or something like that, but I honestly think
> that it's worth encouraging tagging of a release (as it would make it
> easy to refer to things like "hey, that used to work with 1.0.2.1, but
> broke in 1.0.3.1", or include it with other software etc).
>
> Would it be very annoying to kindly request that you add a version tag,
>  and to even brazenly recommend semver.org as versioning scheme?

Actually the cmake Version module was already in place and set to
version 0.1git - it just didn't work properly because an initial tag was
missing. As Debian and SuSe already used 0.1.0 as version, I've now
tagged a 0.1.1 release and advanced to 0.1git again. The version module
now seems to work as expected, I now get "Version: v0.1.1-1-g2ff7".

Best Regards,
Steve