gr-fosphor CL_INVALID_VALUE in clEnqueueFillBuffer call

Raj Bhattacharjea raj.b at gatech.edu
Tue Jun 20 20:51:04 UTC 2017

I know this thread is a bit old, but it's worth mentioning that CL/GL
sharing being enabled causes fosphor to be broken altogether on my setup as
of the latest master commit (possibly earlier). Everything builds, but the
following runtime error occurs:

[!] CL Error (-5, /home/user/gr-fosphor/lib/fosphor/cl.c:480): Unable to
share spectrum VBO into OpenCL context

As previously mentioned, everything works okay if I change the value of
FLG_FOSPHOR_USE_CLGL_SHARING in private.h to 0.

Sylvain, do you always have the value of this flag as zero in your building
and testing? Or do you leave it as 1 and fosphor works because you're using
Intel CPU OpenCL or something? Maybe check in "#define
FLG_FOSPHOR_USE_CLGL_SHARING (0<<0)" into the source repo until you can
verify that this code path works correctly?

Details of my setup:
x86_64 (Xeon D)
Ubuntu 16.04
NVIDIA Titan Xp
NVIDIA Driver 375.66 from the standard Ubuntu (xenial-updates)
nvidia-opencl-icl-375 from the standard Ubuntu repos

I'm happy to test things out and will do some of my own debugging.