gr-fosphor CL_INVALID_VALUE in clEnqueueFillBuffer call

Raj Bhattacharjea raj.b at gatech.edu
Mon Feb 6 21:38:51 UTC 2017

Based on your comment about how your setup doesn't support GL/CL sharing, I
tried defining FLG_FOSPHOR_USE_CLGL_SHARING as 0 in private.h. Not sharing
GL objects fixes the pixelated spectrum issue! No more
cl_clear_queue_clear_buffers errors either, because the code never goes
down that path anymore.

It seems to me there is a bug in the way the histogram buffer or texture is
allocated when it is allocated through the GL code path. I'm not sure if
this is quirk of my setup/GPU/driver, or if this is a general bug; I do
have an older NVIDIA GPU and another machine on which I can try to
reproduce what I'm seeing.

Final question, what are the main downsides to NOT using CL/GL sharing? Is
there some extra copy/performance overhead?