post a new release

Alexander Kurpiers a.kurpiers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:13:12 UTC 2016

I agree that the official code lacks proper manual gain control - but I
would still prefer some nice presets. Being able to adjust the internal
gain controls of the tuner chips to me is a bonus (as you really need to
know what you are doing).

As many others, I've started my fork (current version
https://github.com/dl8aau/librtlsdr/tree/devel1), which among other
things includes manual gain settings optimized for E4000 and R820T
(optimization done by Leif Asbrink for Linrad). Something like this is
badly needed for applications that cannot use the automatic gain control.

There are many other forks with interesting features and there seems
lots of duplicate work... I would love to see these merged back into the
official release, but I actually do not believe this is going to happen
any time soon.

Regards,

Alexander