Moving from trac to a single redmine

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Feb 19 22:03:10 UTC 2016

> On 19 Feb 2016, at 08:09, Holger Freyther <holger at freyther.de> wrote:
>

> The wiki conversion is not that great. We really have to do some work in post processing and making sure that all content has been migrated. E.g. "Software/Overview" and "SoftwareOverview" seem to confuse the importer:
>
> http://projects.osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/SoftwareOverview vs. http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Software/Overview vs. http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/SoftwareOverview
>
> So there will be some fallout but I think it still makes sense to move forward now.

This post is Sponsored by the Ministry of Stuff you Didn't want to know. Trac has a "flat" wiki model. The hierarchy is added by the notion of adding / into the path. This means that SoftwareOverview is a top-level page and Software/Overview is a child of software.

In Redmine there is the concept of "parent" pages but the name is a flat namespace. So by convention the page would be called "Overview" but be a child of "Software". Redmine will normalize a pagetitle like Software/Overview to SoftwareOverview.

To avoid having "SoftwareOverview" and "Software/Overview" clash I am expanding the later to SoftwareSoftwareOverview and this gives us funny names and broken links (*sigh*) but with reasonable effort this seems to be as good as I can get it.

This means our manual fix-up step will so far include:

	* Fix general format issue (e.g. <pre> but no </pre>)
	* Remove custom html I created to have a multi-column view.
	* Fix the [[Image unless I get the regexp to work in ruby
	* Rename SoftwareSoftwareOverview and other pages (and delete the old one)

kind regards
	holger