Patch to build static library (libgnuradio-osmosdr.a)

Tom Rondeau tom at trondeau.com
Fri Apr 29 14:22:19 UTC 2016

I have attached a patch for gr-osmosdr to build it as a static library
(libgnuradio-osmosdr.a) as well as the normal shared lib. This is the same
method we use in GNU Radio. The main difference here, is that the patch
means that the static lib will always be built. In GNU Radio, we added a
-DENABLE_STATIC_LIBS option to cmake to turn this on/off. Let me know if
that's preferably and if you have specific styles for adding these options
(if you can just point me to the right line if you have other flags of this
nature).

The static libs are used in Android and other embedded systems. It's not
entirely necessary, but it sure makes some things a heck of a lot simpler.

Tom