patch for supporting multiple airspy by serial number in gr-osmosdr

Lawrence Glaister ve7it at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 13 00:53:18 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I have completed additions to airspy_source_c.cc to support using
multiple airspy devices. This is done by specifying the serial number
for the device  (i.e. airspy=0x644064DC317C1FCD). The current behaviour
of opening the first device when  no serial number is specified is still
maintained. Specifying airspy=0 will also open the first device found.
The serial number format is a 64bit hex number with or without a leading
"0x".

I have attached a patch file based on the current git source, a copy of
the whole CC file as patched ( see lines 93 to 112 and 122 to 129), and
a screen shot of the grc block for selecting by s/n.

This patch has been tested with gnuradio 3.7.9 and 0, 1 and 2 airspy
devices connected.

I hope this can be placed into the current sources as I know of several
requests for this have shown up on various discussion boards.

I place no copyright restrictions on the code... please release it
however you desire. This is my first attempt at contributing to gnu
radio, so please excuse any blunders in protocol I may have made.

Thank you for your fine work

Lawrence Glaister VE7IT
Nanoose Bay BC Canada