kalibrate-rtl results...

Jiao Xianjun putaoshu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 11:27:14 UTC 2014

Though GSM spec has frequency hopping option, it can be switched on or off by operator. Yes, most operator switch it on.

I think You too are talking different thing. GSM doesn't hops inside each 200khz channel. It hops among multiple 200khz channel.

There is an exception: The downlink broadcasting carrier which carries FCCH SCH BCCH etc doesn't hop, and accordingly uplink RACH carrier doesn't hop either. These two uplink and downlink carrier frequency have a fixed 45MHz spacing if I recall correctly.

I think most of calibration programs use downlink broadcasting carrier to calibrate the dongle, because it doesn't hop and is easy to  be captured.

You may also try my matlab  calibration tool:

https://github.com/JiaoXianjun/multi-rtl-sdr-calibration