How to get IQ samples from multiple rtl-sdr dongles in asynchronized manner?

Jiao Xianjun putaoshu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 12:34:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have questions on usage of rtlsdr_read_sync(dev, buffer, out_block_size,
&n_read):

For example, if sampling rate is 1Msps, and out_block_size is 1000000,
question is:

1. the rtlsdr_read_sync() will cost 1s exactly? Or is there any lower level
device/driver buffer, which perhaps feed rtlsdr_read_sync() with history
data quickly and makes rtlsdr_read_sync() return in a time shorter than 1s?

2. in this infinite processing loop:
while(1)
{
rtlsdr_read_sync(dev, buffer, out_block_size, &n_read);
processing_function(buffer); // let's assume that this cost 0.001s
}
Those samples during the 0.001s processing period will be losted or not? Is
there any method to not lost them?

Thanks very much!

BR

Jiao Xianjun