rtl_sdr and lysdr?

Martin O'Shield martin at windycitysdr.com
Fri Oct 11 08:41:08 UTC 2013

Alan,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM, Ron Hayes <ka2rrz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I never heard of that one or any mention of it in the groups??

Has anyone tried the Mirics-based SDR dongles? They seem to have some
interesting specs vs. the
RTLs<http://blog.palosaari.fi/2013/08/mirics-msi3101-sdr-linux-driver.html>
(blog.palosaari.fi <http://www.reddit.com/domain/blog.palosaari.fi/>)
submitted 3 days ago by oldmaninohio<http://www.reddit.com/user/oldmaninohio>
http://www.reddit.com/r/RTLSDR/comments/1ny4s0/has_anyone_tried_the_miricsbased_sdr_dongles_they/

Here is a comment from the above page:

"You can buy the reference design right from the manufacturer:"

http://www.mirics.com/node/31

Antti's LinuxTV Blog <http://blog.palosaari.fi/>2013-08-17  Mirics MSi3101
SDR Linux driver

http://blog.palosaari.fi/2013/08/mirics-msi3101-sdr-linux-driver.html

And since Osmocom is becoming the "middleware" for many SDR capable devices,
this might be a good addition.

Sincerely,

Martin