rtl_tcp problem or not?

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Sun May 12 15:28:42 UTC 2013

On 5/12/2013 10:12 AM, Favati wrote:

> No errors appear on the console of raspberry/rtl_tcp
>
> I'm not able to understand if it's a problem of rtl_tcp,raspberry or
> whatelse...

Hi Favati,

I knew what your videos would should before even watching them, because
I have the exact same problem here when using SDR# to connect via
rtl_tcp to a Raspberry Pi.

Recent improvements to rtl_tcp have helped a lot with re-starting but
this a new problem, as I'm accustomed to running the tcp connection for
hours without such failures.   I'm fairly certain the problem is on the
sending (i.e. R-Pi) end, but haven't got data to prove this theory.
However, since you can see in the video that SDR# continues to run,
producing both audio and spectrum and waterfall displays, I think this
shows that it is processing the IQ data which it is receiving (which is
no longer correct).

Hopefully a fix will be forthcoming, as this is a pretty big problem for
remote users.   I'll certainly be happy to provide any data or help with
evaluation.

73, Bob W9RAN