OpenBSD: crashing

noselasd at fiane.dyndns.org noselasd at fiane.dyndns.org
Thu May 9 11:30:56 UTC 2013

On 04/20/2013 05:59 AM, Alan Corey wrote:
>  > I've just got hold of a card and looking into this.
>
> Do you mean a dongle?  I got one of the $20 ones, which works pretty
> well in Windows with SDR# and RTL1090, so I bought a second one.
>
>  >
>  > By specification, pthread_mutex_unlock() has undefined behaviour when
>  > unlocking a mutex which is already unlocked.

Note also that rtl_fm uses mutexes as semaphores/condition variables,
it locks mutexes in one thread and unlocks them in another thread -
which is undefined behavior (Except if the mutex is recursive or error
checking, in which case pthread_mutex_unlock must detect this situation
and return an error).

You're only supposed to unlock a mutex by the same thread that locked
it, and it's possible OpenBSD bails out if you do otherwise.