Compiling on osx - solved...

Michael Davis mjmdavis at gmail.com
Wed May 1 13:01:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sorry for the rather abrupt email. I should have just waited 'til I got home.

I recently fixed the homebrew formula for gnuradio and gr-osmosdr, as well as the gr-osmosdr CMakeLists.txt.

They can be found here:
https://github.com/mjmdavis/homebrew-gnuradio
https://github.com/mjmdavis/gr-osmosdr

I had to implement the same fix as you did in the CMakeLists.txt.
I'm not sure how people have been building it without that step.
Hopefully the changes can be pulled back into the main repo.

To install using brew on mac is dead easy. Just have a look here: https://github.com/mjmdavis/homebrew-gnuradio

I will be updating the formula to reference the latest gnuradio sometime later today.
There is currently a bug with the --with-qt option that I am looking into but in most cases the Qt stuff is not necessary.

This probably isn't much help for you if you already use macports though, I'm not a fan of having multiple package managers.

Best,
Mike