rtl_fm scanning

Alan Corey alancorey at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 02:34:34 UTC 2013

Under OpenBSD only sync mode works, and that's only with Stuart Henderson's patches from http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/comms/rtl-sdr/patches/.  I'm scanning a bunch of 120 MHz AM aircraft freqs right now and I don't hear the noise, but scanning FM I do.  rtl_adsb, rtl_tcp, etc. aren't fixed yet.

I'm running libusb 1.0.9p3 from the OpenBSD ports collection under 5.2.  I have a 5.0 machine with 1.0.9 built from a tarball that works a few minutes and gives a "library -99" error.

  Alan

-----

Radio Astronomy - the ultimate DX