e4000 r820t signal output

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 12 16:22:27 UTC 2013

Yes! Tap. The only problem is a sound card can only accommodate 48K - 96K bandwidth, some maybe as wide as 192K. The noise at the center of tuning may wipe out much of this tuning. What is needed is a tunable "Zero IF" double-balanced converter like a SA602(612) or NC1496 on the output of the Tuner chip driven by a very clean VC oscillator, these chips have differential I/Q inputs so the tuner can be used as it was designed and not constrained by that funky 8-bit A to D chip. A 16 bit I/Q sound card conversion of the double-balanced IF tuner output would reveal much the slow 8 bit converter does not, like very good noise cancelation, ultra narrow-band RADAR signals, very high speed frequency hopping, and spread spectrum modulation.

I would create such a thing if I were not involved in more profitable ventures.

Jay Salsburg