rtl-tcp-server running on avm-fritzbox

df8oe at gmx.de df8oe at gmx.de
Fri Jun 7 12:37:16 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, 7. Juni 2013, 12:37:34 schrieb Peter Stuge:
> > I think the interface cannot be opened
>
> The interface can not be claimed because the kernel doesn't think
> that it exists. The error is actually really clear.
>
> > When I plug in the stick correspondent devices are created under
> > /dev/usb/
>
> USB is a packet bus with highly structured communication. Device
> nodes in /dev are not a good reference.
>
> df8oe at gmx.de wrote:
> > here the output of lsusb -v: http://www.df8oe.de/lsusb.txt
>
> Unfortunately the fritzbox has a useless mini lsusb program as
> opposed to the actual lsusb utility from the usbutils package.
> It would be great if you could build the real one.
>
> Somewhat less effort and still interesting would be to mount debugfs
> and then cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices
>
> Other than that, it would be helpful if you could build a libusb
> binary with debug logging enabled. See http://libusb.org/wiki/debug
> for copypaste instructions that would apply to a host build. You must
> modify them as appropriate for your cross build of course.

For debugging is not enabled by default in this kernel and building
a new one and/or complete lsusb, I looked for another way to get
the needed information. I noticed that the debugging package "listusb"
is available for the box and I build it. Here the output of listusb -v:

http://www.df8oe.de/listusb.txt

Can you see there what is going wrong?

df8oe, Andreas