rtl-tcp-server running on avm-fritzbox

df8oe at gmx.de df8oe at gmx.de
Fri Jun 7 07:07:33 UTC 2013

Am Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2013, 21:18:25 schrieb Peter Stuge:
> df8oe at gmx.de wrote:
> > when I start the software (usb-dongle connected) it throws a
> > usb_claim_interface error -5
>
> $ grep -- -5 src/libusb/libusb/libusb.h
>         LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND = -5,
>
> From the log: (thanks)
>
> ioctl(5, USBDEVFS_CLAIMINTERFACE, 0x7fd063c4) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
> directory)
>
> The kernel is saying that the interface doesn't exist.
>
> lsusb -v for this device run on the fritzbox would be interesting.

If the interface does not exist:

Where does the kernel get the following information (have a look at the log):

"ezcap USB 2.0 DVB-T/DAB/FM dongl"..., 33ezcap USB 2.0 DVB-T/DAB/FM dongle)
I think the interface cannot be opened or the binary thinks it cannot be
opened (but it can be opened). When I plug in the stick correspondent devices
are created under /dev/usb/

Andreas